Welcome to our school website.
The original St. Scholastica’s Church stood at this same location, but faced the opposite direction. The church was bombed in 1940 and partially repaired to make it serviceable. The original school was situated in the Church parish hall, which was located at the rear of the church, close to where the school keeper’s house now stands. The school hall was divided into two areas for infants and juniors, however, the demand for a larger school was growing. It was decided that the Alms houses next to the church would be demolished and a new church and school be built on the site. Whist the building works took place the school moved temporarily to Millfields School in Hilsea Street.
The new school was officially opened by Bishop Guazzelli in October 1974.
Through the years the school once again outgrew its building. In 2006 the school won a bid for an extension and refurbishment of the existing building, and by Autumn 2009 the extension and refurbishment was complete.
It is now an attractive, spacious building, comprising of a large Foundation Stage section with two outdoor play areas, Year 1 also has an outdoor activity area and all classrooms have been extended and have a wet area. In addition there is a large computer suite, a kitchen/parents’ room, small chapel/prayer room, spacious library, and multi-purpose hall. The administrative block has a welcoming entrance with attractive displays of the children’s work.